Brussels Jacques Brel
Brussels is where the action’s at. It’s a big city that lives up to its status as the capital of Belgium. But there’s something untouchable about it, too. It’s a grown-up city with a simple, humble heart. And it’s all the better for it!
Free Wi-Fi everywhere
The Jacques Brel Youth Hostel – named after the famous musician who so eloquently captured the spirit of Belgium’s lowlands and its people in his lyrics – is situated right in the heart of Brussels.
The Jacques Brel Youth Hostel is the perfect base to explore Brussels, an international city and the capital of Belgium and Europe.
Getting round the city couldn’t be easier. The Hostel is just a few minutes’ walk from Grand Place, and all the city’s cultural attractions are within easy reach.
You’ll find concerts, festivals and Belgian specialities just around the corner. The hostel is the ideal base for the Iris Festival, the Brussels Summer Festival, Couleur Café, Belgian Pride, Rock Werchter, Tomorrowland, the Flower Carpet, the 20 km of Brussels, and much more besides. And while you’re here, why not take a trip further afield to visit the Lion’s Mound and the battlefield of the Battle of Waterloo (only 20km from Brussels)?
Sprinkle on some sugar and taste everything Brussels has to offer!
Whether you’re staying alone, as a couple or in a group, our hostel has exactly what you need – double rooms, family rooms and dormitories for larger groups.
We have 48 rooms (2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 beds), or 174 beds in total.
Every room has USB sockets, free Wi-Fi, lockers, a washbasin and a shower.
Find out more about our rooms and read some practical information.
Food & drink
The price per night at all our hostels includes a sustainable buffet breakfast made from fresh, local, responsibly sourced produce.
Every hostel has a bar, which is the main focal point for socialising. It’s where the action happens! The bar serves a great range of drinks (also local), plus light meals and refreshments (subject to availability).
For groups of 10 or more, please contact the youth hostel to benefit from our specially designed menus. We make a point of working with local suppliers and sourcing seasonal produce, so you get menus that everyone will love!
See this hostel’s menu
- Laundry Room
- Luggage room
- Car park
- Garage for bicycles
- Coach park
- Garage for motorbikes
- Bicycle hire
- Baby equipment
- Disabled room
- Climbing and zip line
- Sports/children’s activities
- Games room
Address : Rue de la Sablonnière 30, 1000 Brussels
- By metro : Metro line 2 ou 6 (Botanique or Madou)
- By public transport : Bus 61, 65 ou 66, trams 92, 93 ou 94 (Botanique or Madou)
- On foot: GR12, 126, 512, 579, BRU
- By bike: RV2, RV7/LF7
Your itinerary on Google Map.
Check-in and check-out times
Check-in : From 3 pm
Check-out : Before noon
You can register and use the luggage room outside these hours.
A local, sustainable buffet breakfast is served between 7 am and 9:30 am each day, and between 7:30 am and 10 am on Sundays.
- For the wellbeing of all our users, please maintain peace and quiet in rooms and corridors, particularly from 10 p.m. until 8 a.m.
- You are permitted to smoke in the hostel’s yard, which closes at 11 p.m. Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas and on the emergency stairs. An on-the-spot fine of €50 and/or ejection from the establishment will follow any activation of a smoke detector or any report of a contravention.
- Please do not eat and drink in the rooms, a cafeteria and shared kitchen are available to you on the ground floor.
- Rooms are hired from 4 p.m. until 10 a.m. If you wish to keep the room for an extra night, you must pay the amount of the overnight stay before 10 a.m. (subject to availability).
- Access to the rooms is reserved for the registered persons and subject to payment. The access card is non-transferable and it is prohibited to host guest(s) in the rooms without the prior agreement of the reception.
- Unless exceptionally agreed by the management, the duration of stays is limited to 7 nights, and a period of 4 weeks must elapse between 2 successive stays.
- In the dormitories, each person must keep personal spaces (beds and locker) and communal areas (shower and WC) clean and tidy, without cluttering them. Dormitories must be clear of occupants between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Our organization reserves the right to refuse access to its establishments to any person who does not have a dress and / or an acceptable hygiene allowing the good progress of a life in community between our various users.
If you want to brainstorm or go green with your colleagues, sports team or school group, you’ll need a suitable venue to host your workshop, conference or meeting.
The youth hostel has 5 meeting rooms. And you don’t have to stay here to use them! You can book the rooms for as long as you need them, and we can provide whatever equipment you need. We also offer a catering service.
Find out more about our meeting rooms.
Discover the surroundings
Explore our map! There are so many things to discover nearby...
Muséum of natural sciences
The hostel has great location, close to the city center . Staff was really nice, room were suprisingly big with bathroom what is really goodIvana