Free Wi-Fi everywhere
Welcome to the Malmedy Youth Hostel.
If you’re looking to be at one with nature, then this is the place for you. It’s the highest hostel in Belgium. The area around Malmedy is also known for its churches and abbeys, including Stavelot, as well as the Ardennes– a region steeped in history.
The hostel is ideal for sports-lovers – travelling alone or with family or friends. Local activities include walking, cycling (the hostel holds the Bed + Bike mark), climbing, zip line and volleyball. And after a day’s exertion, what better way to unwind back at the hostel than to indulge in a spot of pool, table football or air hockey?
The hostel is the ideal base for the Malmedy Carnival and the Laetare de Stavelot festival, the Giant Omelette Fest, the Christmas Market, Fête de la Musique, Spa-Francorchamps motor-racing circuit, and much more besides.
Relaxation, nature and sports guaranteed!
Whether you’re staying alone, as a couple or in a group, our hostel has exactly what you need – double rooms, family rooms and dormitories for larger groups.
We have 36 rooms (2, 4, 6 and 8 beds), or 184 beds in total.
Every room has USB sockets, free Wi-Fi, lockers and a private bathroom. Find out more about our rooms and read some practical information.
Rooms of 2
Rooms of 2
Rooms of 4
Rooms of 8
- Laundry Room
- Bed sheets
- Sustainable breakfast
- Luggage room
- Car park
- Garage for motorbikes
- Garage for bicycles
- Bicycle hire
- Coach park
- Meeting rooms
- Baby equipment
- Disabled room
- Climbing and zip line
- Sports/children’s activities
- Games room
- Towel hire
- No pets allowed
Address: Bévercé, Route d'Eupen 36, 4960 Malmedy
- By car : E40 then E42 exit 11
- By public transport : Verviers station + bus 395 or 397 or Trois-Ponts station + bus 45a or 397
- On foot : GR56
- By bike : RV8, RV50/LF50
Your itinerary on Google Map.
Check-in and check-out times
Check-in: From 4 to 10 pm
Check-out : Before 10 am
You can register and use the luggage room outside these hours.
A sustainable, local buffet breakfast is served between 7:30 am and 9:30 am.
Malmedy séjour scolaire
- For the wellbeing of all our users, please maintain peace and quiet in rooms and corridors, particularly from 10 p.m. until 8 a.m.
- You are permitted to smoke in the hostel’s yard, which closes at 11 p.m. Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas and on the emergency stairs. An on-the-spot fine of €50 and/or ejection from the establishment will follow any activation of a smoke detector or any report of a contravention.
- Please do not eat and drink in the rooms, a cafeteria and shared kitchen are available to you on the ground floor.
- Rooms are hired from 4 p.m. until 10 a.m. If you wish to keep the room for an extra night, you must pay the amount of the overnight stay before 10 a.m. (subject to availability).
- Access to the rooms is reserved for the registered persons and subject to payment. The access card is non-transferable and it is prohibited to host guest(s) in the rooms without the prior agreement of the reception.
- Unless exceptionally agreed by the management, the duration of stays is limited to 7 nights, and a period of 4 weeks must elapse between 2 successive stays.
- In the dormitories, each person must keep personal spaces (beds and locker) and communal areas (shower and WC) clean and tidy, without cluttering them. Dormitories must be clear of occupants between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Our organization reserves the right to refuse access to its establishments to any person who does not have a dress and / or an acceptable hygiene allowing the good progress of a life in community between our various users.
If you want to brainstorm or go green with your colleagues, sports team or school group, you’ll need a suitable venue to host your workshop, conference or meeting.
The youth hostel has four meeting rooms. And you don’t have to stay here to use them! You can book the rooms for as long as you need them, and we can provide whatever equipment you need. We also offer a catering service.
Find out more about our meeting rooms.
Food & drink.
The price per night at all our hostels includes a sustainable buffet breakfast made from fresh, local, responsibly sourced produce.
Every hostel has a bar, which is the main focal point for socialising. It’s where the action happens! The bar serves a great range of drinks (also local), plus light meals and refreshments (subject to availability).
For groups of 10 or more, please contact the youth hostel to benefit from our specially designed menus. We make a point of working with local suppliers and sourcing seasonal produce, so you get menus that everyone will love!
See this hostel’s menu.
Explore our map! There are so many things to discover nearby...