Tournai is a city of art and history. Situated close to the French border, it boasts a magnificent cathedral with no fewer than five spires. It has the all the charm of a city that lives in the moment, with its Grand Place surrounded by terraces and cafés.
Free Wi-Fi everywhere
Welcome to the Tournai Youth Hostel.
The hostel is located in the centre of the city of the five spires, just a short walk from Grand Place and, further afield, the 12th-century Belfry, the Saint-Quentin Romanesque church, and the medieval tower of Fort Rouge.Tournai is one of Belgium’s oldest settlements, with records dating back an incredible 2,000 years. It’s a city of art and history and boasts not one, but two UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
And because it’s a city, there’s plenty of entertainment, shops and cafés on Tournai’s many squares and streets. If you listen carefully, you might still be able to hear the music playing in the youth hostel, which was once a music school. The building has long sung the praises of Tournai – and will carry on doing so for years to come.
The hostel is the ideal base for the Puppet Centre, the flea market on Place de Lille, Ramdam Festival, and the First and Second World War battlefields.
Whether you’re staying alone, as a couple or in a group, our hostel has exactly what you need – double rooms, family rooms and dormitories for larger groups.
We have 21 rooms (2, 4 and 6 beds), or 96 beds in total.
Every room has USB sockets, free Wi-Fi, lockers and a private bathroom.
Find out more about our rooms and read some practical information.
Food & drink
The price per night at all our hostels includes a sustainable buffet breakfast made from fresh, local, responsibly sourced produce.
Every hostel has a bar, which is the main focal point for socialising. It’s where the action happens! The bar serves a great range of drinks (also local), plus light meals and refreshments (subject to availability).
For groups of 10 or more, please contact the youth hostel to benefit from our specially designed menus. We make a point of working with local suppliers and sourcing seasonal produce, so you get menus that everyone will love!
See this hostel’s menu.
- Laundry Room
- Luggage room
- Car park
- Garage for bicycles
- Coach park
- Garage for motorbikes
- Bicycle hire
- Baby equipment
- Disabled room
- Climbing and zip line
- Sports/children’s activities
- Games room
Address : Rue Saint-Martin, 647500 Tournai
- By car : E19, E42, A8
- By public transport : Tournai station
- On foot : GR123
- By bike : RV8, RV60
Your itinerary on Google Map.
Check-in and check-out times
Check-in : From 2 to 10 pm
Check-out : Before 10:30 am
You can register and use the luggage room outside these hours.
A sustainable, local buffet breakfast is served between 7:30 am and 9:30 am.
- For the wellbeing of all our users, please maintain peace and quiet in rooms and corridors, particularly from 10 p.m. until 8 a.m.
- You are permitted to smoke in the hostel’s yard, which closes at 11 p.m. Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas and on the emergency stairs. An on-the-spot fine of €50 and/or ejection from the establishment will follow any activation of a smoke detector or any report of a contravention.
- Please do not eat and drink in the rooms, a cafeteria and shared kitchen are available to you on the ground floor.
- Rooms are hired from 4 p.m. until 10 a.m. If you wish to keep the room for an extra night, you must pay the amount of the overnight stay before 10 a.m. (subject to availability).
- Access to the rooms is reserved for the registered persons and subject to payment. The access card is non-transferable and it is prohibited to host guest(s) in the rooms without the prior agreement of the reception.
- Unless exceptionally agreed by the management, the duration of stays is limited to 7 nights, and a period of 4 weeks must elapse between 2 successive stays.
- In the dormitories, each person must keep personal spaces (beds and locker) and communal areas (shower and WC) clean and tidy, without cluttering them. Dormitories must be clear of occupants between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Our organization reserves the right to refuse access to its establishments to any person who does not have a dress and / or an acceptable hygiene allowing the good progress of a life in community between our various users.
If you want to brainstorm or go green with your colleagues, sports team or school group, you’ll need a suitable venue to host your workshop, conference or meeting.
The youth hostel has tree meeting rooms. And you don’t have to stay here to use them! You can book the rooms for as long as you need them, and we can provide whatever equipment you need. We also offer a catering service.
Find out more about our meeting rooms.
Discover the surroundings
Explore our map! There are so many things to discover nearby...